Questions and Answers

How do I obtain an Alternate Pin number?

Contact either your advisor, chairperson or the dean of your department.  The Office of the Registrar is unable to give Alternate PIN's to students.

How can someone obtain a phone number for a particular department?

Contact the University switchboard at:  (336) 334-7500.

How do I request a transcript?

Transcripts may be requested three ways; over the counter, through postal mail, and

Can a transcript request be faxed?

No.  You will need to either send the request through the mail or come in person to request a transcript. 

What is the procedure for being readmitted into the University?

All students who have been admitted into the University as a degree seeking student and who withdraw from the University voluntarily, leave the University or are suspended must complete a Readmission Application which can be obtained from the Office of the Registrar or online. Effective July 1, 2011 there is a $35.00 non-refundable readmission fee.

How can a person obtain graduation verification on a student—current or previously enrolled?

Contact the National Student Clearing House at (703) 742-4200, or complete the Enrollment Verification Form.

I am receiving an error message when I try to register for a course. What does it mean?

Listed below are some of the error messages and solutions to the error message that students might occur during the registration process: 

Registration Error Solution
This session for your LOG-IN has expired.

Log back into the system.

Maximum credit hours exceeded. Contact your academic department and if permissible, they will change your max hour.
Prerequisite or Corequisite Required. Approval of over-riding prerequisites or corequisites is made by the department controlling the course. The chairperson, Dean or the instructor can over-ride the error message.
Invalid CRN Number The course may not be available. Check with the academic department controlling the course. Sometimes courses listed in the Class Schedule booklet have been cancelled after the booklet has been published
Link Error: Courses with labs require that the student must take the lecture along with the corresponding lab. In the case of Biology classes and labs, if a student is trying to enroll in section 001 of the lecture, they must also enroll in either lab section 011, 012 or 013. If a student is trying to enroll in section 006 of the lecture, they must also enroll in either lab section 061, 062 or 063.

 I am repeating a class this semester. Do I have to fill out any paper requests?

No.  Our student information system will automatically calculate the higher grade within your GPA.  Although all grades appear on the transcript, only the higher grade will count.

Exams are over, why can’t I see my final grades?

When the grading period opens for the instructors, as soon as they post your grade, you will be able to view it on Aggie Access.  If the grading period ends and final grades are still missing, please contact the instructor(s) and let them know.  It is up to the instructor(s) to submit your final grades.

I want to withdraw from the University.  What should I do?

A student who wishes or is asked to leave the University at any time during the semester is required to execute and file the official withdrawal form.  Obtain the form from the Registrar’s Office located in the Dowdy Administration Building. If the withdrawal reason is medical, students obtain the form from Office of Counseling Services, Room 108 Murphy Hall.  Failure to execute these forms incurs the penalty of receiving an “F” for each course in which the student is enrolled for the semester/session.  The complete withdrawal form packet must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar to be processed. 

I have been either locked out of my account or my account has been disabled (Aggie Access.) 

Please contact Aggie Tech Support at 336-334-7195.

What is a Banner ID number?                                                                              

Banner I.D. numbers have replaced Social Security numbers as the student's University I.D. number.  It is a 9 digit number beginning with 950. 

Why is NC A&T changing?

Legislation passed in 2005 permits North Carolina State Agencies to collect Social Security numbers only if authorized by law to do so or if the collection of the social security number is otherwise imperative for the performance of that agency's duties and responsibilities as prescribed by law.  The benefit to this change is that it will help to protect the confidentiality of your Social Security number, thereby helping to protect your identity and privacy.  As of October 15, 2007, all incoming freshman and transfer students for the Fall 2007 semester were given a Banner I.D. and as of April 2007, all continuing students were issued a Banner I.D. as their primary student identification number. 

What is my Banner ID number?

In order to retrieve your Banner I.D. number, please go to our Banner Retrieval Form and enter in your NC A&T e-mail account.  Your Banner I.D. will then be sent to you via e-mail. 

What does Validation mean?                                                                                                                        

To be validated you must complete both of the following:

  • Registration of courses, and
  • payment of the amount required for tuition, fees and other charges

Your name will not appear on the official class roster, and you are not permitted to attend classes, live in University housing or otherwise utilize University facilities if only one part of the above is completed.

I am a transfer student. Where do I go for my Transfer Evaluation?

Report to the Office of Admissions located in the lower level of Webb Hall and speak with a counselor.

I received Advanced Placement Credits in High School.  Where do I go to receive record of my credits?

Contact the Admissions Office  and speak with a counselor.

Where do I apply for Financial Aid?

Contact the Financial Aid Office  located on the first floor of the Dowdy Administration Building, room 100.

How do I apply for a refund, or when will I receive my refund?

You do not have to apply for a refund. Financial Aid must be awarded (not in estimated status) and applied to your account in order to qualify for a refund.

How much of a tuition refund will I receive if I withdraw?

Refunds, on a percentage basis, to students of tuition and required fees will be made during the first five (5) weeks of the term. NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE AFTER THE FIFTH (5th) WEEK OF CLASSES FOR TUITION AND REQUIRED FEES. Refunds for room and board are prorated throughout the semester.

How do I change my course schedule on-line?

Obtain a Change of Schedule Form (Drop/Add) from your department or the Registrar's Office and complete the information requested.

  1. Discuss the change with your advisor and obtain his/her signature on the form.
  2. If approved, report to your designated registration site and submit the Change of Schedule Form. The change indicated on the form will be entered into our system.

How do I audit a course?

A course may be audited on a space available basis. The regular registration procedure is to be followed. Obtain an audit form from the Office of the Registrar before the last day to add. Take the audit form to your school dean for his/her signature certifying that you are auditing the course. Return the form to the Office of the Registrar. The last day to audit a class is the last day of registration.

Where do I go to sign my Direct Loan and/or Perkins Loan Promissory Note?

Direct Loan - report to Financial Aid Office

Perkins Loan - attend one of the Perkins Loan sessions (dates and times are posted at the entrance to the Financial Aid Office)

Where do I go to obtain a parking permit?

Parking permits will be issued from the Police Administration Building located at the parking deck on Laurel Street. The telephone number is (336)285-2026.

Where do I pick-up my I.D. card or have an I.D. card made?

I.D. cards may be picked up, or made (with a validated bill) at the Aggie OneCard Center located in the Student Memorial Union, Room 215. The telephone number is (336)334-7676.