College of Education

Study Abroad

Welcome to the Study Abroad Program in the College of Education at North Carolina A&T State University.  This program is designed to provide College of Education and Teacher Education candidates an opportunity to engage in various types of study abroad experiences.  Study abroad opportunities student teaching, faculty led, and service learning experiences designed to be catalysts toward internationalizing the curriculum and preparing a work force that is equipped for 21st century global realities. Join us and make the world your classroom.

Proposed Study Abroad Opportunities

Summer Study Abroad for 3 weeks in Belize (faculty-led by Dr. Shirlene Augustine, Counseling Department). This study abroad experience offers graduate students in Adult Education, Counseling and School Administration programs a unique opportunity to immerse in diverse cultures while engaging in experiential learning.

Spring Study Abroad for one week in the Dominican Republic (faculty – led by Dr. Tyrette Carter, Educator Preparation Department).  This international experience allows students who desire to learn more about contemporary issues and problems to interact with and explore cultures in the Dominican Republic.

Other opportunities are available. Please visit the Student Services Office at Proctor Hall, Suite 122.

Travel Grants/Awards

  • Travel grants of up to $1500 are available through the Office of International Programs (OIP). To register with OIP and apply for a travel grant, click here.
  • Gilman Scholarship is available for undergraduate students receiving a Federal Pell Grant.  For more information, click here.
  • Phi Kappa Phi is offering study abroad grants in the amount of $1,000.  To apply, you must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.75.  You do not need to be a member to apply.  The  application process is open from January through April each year.  To apply, click here.

If you are receiving financial aid, your package may allow you to put aside funds for study abroad.  Please contact your financial aid advisor.